Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Last Hurrah!

I have spent most of this summer excited that my three year old toddler twins are going to go to school this year! I've been planning all the things I haven't been able to do with toddlers underfoot, sewing projects, better photographs for my Etsy jewelry site, lunch with friends, maybe even horseback riding lessons (we sold our horse two years ago),

Now that school time is rapidly approaching, I am beginning to feel a bit sad. They have never been away from me for more than a few hours at at time  These children have never been in daycare, Mother's Day Out - they have been in my care for the past three years 24/7. I do get occasional breaks for doctors appointments, hair treatments, the rare date night and Christmas shopping, but for the most part we have never been separated for more than a few hours.

It dawned on me that I would no longer be able to be spontaneous and take them on field trips to the zoo, the Dallas Arboretum or even the Dallas Farmers Market during the week.  Today is going to be our last hurrah at the Farmers Market. I realize I still will have the ability to do fun activities with them during the summer and on weekends, but it's not quite the same as waking up in the morning and deciding to run up to the family farm near McKinney to chase butterflies,  play in the big white barn and have a picnic on the farm house front porch. or enjoy the zoo without all the crowds during the week.

I am going to go gather my young flock, herd then into the mini van, load our play wagons (to haul our farmers market produce) before it gets unbearably hot on this fine August morning, one week before our lives change forever...




No comments:

Post a Comment