Friday, December 25, 2020

Easy Peppermint Fudge

 I made a couple of different fudges this season. Easy 3 ingredient fudge which was very rich and full of rich chocolate flavor but not very creamy.  I made some peppermint fudge for my daughter with equal parts bittersweet and milk chocolate, still not creamy.

I woke up Christmas morning realizing what I had done wrong.  The fudge needs fat!  So I melted down my fudge and added a stick of butter and about 5 marshmallows. Stirring until all ingredients were thoroughly mixed together. Then I poured the mixture into a meatloaf pan that was lined with  parchment paper. I added peppermints on top of the fudge and placed the pan into the refrigerator. After two hours, I had a piece of my new fudge and it was perfect! Creamy, minty, rich chocolate - so divine!


Recipe:

one can Eagle  sweetened condensed milk

one stick butter

6 ounces milk chocolate

9 ounces bittersweet chocolate  finely chopped or shaved. I used a vegetable peeler to shave the chocolate blocks - my hands really hurt after shaving

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 tsp peppermint extract  I use Smith & Massey

5 marshmallows

crushed peppermints I used my rubber mallet to crush the mints that I placed in a plastic sandwich bag


on low heat, melt the chocolate into the sweetened condensed milk, add the extracts, then the marshmallows, mix all ingredients until combined. 

Line a 9x9 square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch over hang on all sides.

Pour hot fudge into the lined 9x9 baking dish. Add crushed peppermints, if desired and put into a refrigerator to cool and set.


some people use marshmallow fluff, I used 5 large marshmallows which I melted into my melted chocolate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment