Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wild Beads

Springtime has come to North Texas a little bit earlier this year and boy, are the twins and I ready to bust out of this joint. It's become a lot easier getting organized to go on little trips and they are eager to get in their car seats for a jaunt somewhere.  Yesterday, we jumped into the car and drove over to Arlington, a 30 minute trip from home, just to visit a bead store.  And what a bead store it is, absolutely huge, a corner store in a strip shopping area across from the old Six Flags mall. It's  just a hop, skip and a jump away from Six Flags Over Texas. Three walls filled with Czech glass and crystal beads. Rounders full of Czech glass and crystal beads. Gemstones galore, pearls, seed beads, delicas, plated findings, wire, precious metal clay, etc. They carry torches, metal working kits and the aforementioned precious metal clay kits.  They have a workroom for beaders to use. The staff was wonderful!  They fawned over my babies and answered my beading questions. Next time I'm going to bring some beads I've been unable to coordinate - I'm sure they will have something to go with them.
It was worth the trip and I plan on making monthly pilgrimages with or without the twins.
2833

http://www.wildbeads.biz/

No comments:

Post a Comment