Friday, October 14, 2016

What's that on my porch - it's from Dover Saddlery!

So the UPS delivery man and I crossed paths as I was rolling out of the driveway on my bicycle this afternoon. He brought me a very long and narrow package and a small, white package from Dover.
What was in my Dover package? I had totally forgotten. I had already heard from Dover Saddlery that the Charles Owen helmet did not come in my size but the Charles Owen GR8 did - only double the cost. Grr! But I must be able to tuck my hair under my helmet when I show in rated horse shows. Showing is so much more expensive than just entry fees, coaching and getting the horse to the show.
I'm also looking at purchasing custom  made to order riding breeches in show tan. Gag, $250 for show tan full seat riding breeches because so few brands carry my size - rolling eyes.
When I came back from my bike ride thirty minutes later, I took my Dover package off the front porch. Much to my delight my Ariat black and white horse shirt arrived! I had totally forgot about ordering it as I was more concerned about the Charles Owen show helmet. I'm going to a rated show in a couple of weeks and I need something other than my Tipperary schooling helmet to protect my head.

Ariat White horse shirt Fall 2016

Such a cute shirt! It reminds me of a Eagles Eye shirt, I owned back in the late 80's/early 90's.  I could get a lot of wear from this shirt. Wear it with jeans, black pants, wear it around town, to the barn, to the saddle shop if it fit.  I could get a lot of wear from this shirt if it fit. I ordered an XL, it feels like a large, I could not button it. If I wore a tank under it and wore it like a jacket, it might work...that's something to mull over.  I love Ariat products but this one runs a bit small.  Back to Dover Saddlery it goes, maybe I can get a credit for that Charles Owen helmet that does fit.

My long, narrow package contains a metal horse shoe ribbon rack. I purchased it mainly for my kids horse show ribbons. Last spring, they both competed in the Equest Spring Horse Show and brought back pretty ribbons. Nathaniel came in first place in his division - he said he would have preferred green ribbons, his favorite color. While his sister earned a second place and third place ribbon - she rides with older children in her division, so I was very proud of her accomplishment.


I originally saw an ad in Practical Horseman magazine for Marbeth Metal Products and was going to order it on my mobile device but decided I didn't want to jinx my luck (or ribbons) so I would wait until after my first show last weekend.  I was excited to find Marbeth Metal Products on Etsy, so I ordered the horse shoe show ribbon rack from them on Etsy after the show.

Currently, my ribbons are hanging in my closet.Clearly, a new place is needed to display my pretty ribbons while not getting in the way of my jewelry and belt collection. I need to find a wall to display my ribbons, as well as my children's ribbons.


No comments:

Post a Comment